How much does it cost to Service a Home lift?
Posted: September 24, 2015
Servicing of a home lift costs can vary greatly between servicing companies.
The questions that make servicing costs vary are:
- • Does the company have a specialist maintenance department with qualified lift mechanics?
- • Does the company hold product specific parts in stock or have quick access to parts?
- • How long does the service take?
- • What items are checked during the service?
- • Does the customer get a written service report as to all items serviced.
- • Is a safety check included in the service package. Safety checks are required to be done annually and for part of the Section 32 when selling a home.
- • Does the company have 24/7 lift mechanics on call with a 24/7 emergency call service?
It is recommended that home lifts are serviced in accordance with the manufacturers specifications or a least once a year with a safety check to comply with Worksafe requirements.
A quality lift service should cost between $500 and $550. This covers a mechanic for an hour, their travel time, office expenses, insurance, written service report and a 24/7 telephone emergency back up service with mechanics on call.
Most companies will package a service and a safety check to give better value to the customer as travel time is reduced. A fully documented service and safety check should cost between $750 and $800.
To ensure the reliable running and safety of your home lift it should be serviced twice a year and have an annual safety check. A package for this should be $900 to $1000.
This should provide you with a decent guideline of how much it will cost to service a home lift.
Want to know more?
1300 LIFT SALES
1300 543 872